The word “terrorism” finds itself scattered across our newspapers every day. It affects where you go and what you do, adding a new worry to an already stressed out world. Get rid of the stress of the unknown and find out what is going on.
The US government has set up an Emergency Email Network which sends out free email alerts to your computer, cell phone, or pager from local and national government sources. These will alert you to terror alerts, severe weather, local health emergencies, evacuations, and much more within the United States.
You can get more information on terrorist alerts and warnings from the National Department of Homeland Security and the National Infrastructure Protection Center (NIPC) at http://www.nipc.gov.
CNN also offers emailed “Breaking News” to keep you informed of potential trouble at http://www.cnn.com.
Here are more resources:
- National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism (MIPT) – Terrorism Knowledge Base
- US Official White House Government Information Page
- US Official White House Information on International Security
- US-White House In Focus National Security Site
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Bioterrorism Agents
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Counterterrorism
- US Department of State Counterterrorism Office
- DefendAmerica: Department of Defense News About the War on Terrorism
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): Fact Sheet on Terrorism
- US Department of Defense Armed Forces Informational Services News Reports
If you have a favorite site for monitoring international terrorism, please add it below to help everyone stay out of harms way or at least know what they are going into before they get there.
[…] Know Before You Go: Travelers Tracking Terrorist Alerts […]