A friend sent me this with the title “Robin Williams Peace Plan”. I did a little search on the Truthorfiction.com and Snopes hoax pages and found that this came out in 2003 and isn’t written by Robin Williams. Somehow that got added. The quote at the bottom is one of Robin Williams’ comedic comments, and somehow the whole thing got attributed to him. I don’t care where it came from, but I’m thrilled with the idea so I thought I would post it here.
But first, let me explain. I’m thrilled with the cynicism behind the idea. A lot of people talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. And this is what a lot of people are talking about. Think about it.
I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here’s one plan.
1. The US will apologize to the world for our “interference” in their affairs, past and present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega, Milosovich and the rest of those good ol’ boys: We will never “interfere” again.
2. We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don’t want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.
3. All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We’ll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France would welcome them.
4. All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don’t like it there, change it yourself and don’t hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don’t need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.
5. No “students” over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don’t attend classes, they get a “D” (for “deport”) and it’s back home baby.
6. The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.
7. Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing ! countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don’t like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)
8. If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not “interfere.” They can pray to Allah or whomever for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them is stolen or given to the Army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.
9. Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don’t need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.
10. All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way no one can call us “Ugly Americans” any longer. The language we speak is ENGLISH…..learn it…or LEAVE…
Now, ain’t that a winner of a plan.
Robin Williams: The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying “Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.” She’s got a baseball bat and she’s yelling, “You want a piece of me?”
Isn’t this wicked! I do love the points it makes. Sometimes comedy can speak bigger truths than any religion.
Tel Aviv, Israel