Your writing is not the only writing to be inspired by travel. As a travel writer, take time to learn from others how they described an adventure or area, from the ancient classics to modern works. There are a ton of books about travel that are now in the public domain and available in digital form from the many online book resources.
Exploring your writing abilities isn’t just about reading. It is about review of your writing and others. It is about sharing ideas, thoughts, and words with other writers to help you write better.
One source is Literary Traveler where other writers share how their travels inspired them and their writing. Here are some others:
- The Journal of African Travel Writing
- Attitude Travel (for travel writers and photographers)
- Travelwriters.com Resources
- Yahoo Groups – Travel Writing 2
- Wild Writing Women
- International Food Writer, Wine Writer, and Travel Writer Association
- New Zealand Writers Groups List
- Travel Writers Association
- Writing Links and Links for Writers Networking and Connections and Camaraderie
- Ottawa Writers Groups and Resources List
- Left Coast Writers
- Writing.com Resources, Groups, and Chats